Search This Blog

Saturday, February 04, 2006

At last my quest is over


Many, many years ago I stumbled home one night and, not feeling overly tired, decided to watch whatever trash the TV could throw at me. And my oh my, what trash it was - a sub-sub-sub-sub-Conan the Barbarian style film with cheesy dialogue, a ridiculous "plot", and the most ridiculous monster sidekick ever committed to celluloid - a peculiar white Chewbacca rip-off with extremely limited arm movements (the costume designer really ought to have given the poor actor some more room in the armpit area).

Years passed, and I began to suspect I'd really just dreamt this film into creation (although I'm not sure my mind is quite that twisted...) until I decided to try to track it down online. All I really had to go on was the genre, that furry monstrosity, and a vague recollection that it might have been dubbed, but lo, the mythical quest has ended in success, and I now know the title - Wizards of the Lost Kingdom. Apparently there was even a sequel, a ludicrous concept if ever I heard one. The original film is reviewed in some style here (also where the beautiful pic above comes from). And even more joy - the trailer is online too!

Good old internet, now I can rest easy in the knowledge that my brain doesn't conjure up dodgy eighties sword and sorcery "epics" while I sleep...

1 comment:

betsie said...

Thank'ee, though I'm not completely happy with it yet (some more tinkering to go I think). The old one had to go though...