Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Scissor-wielding assassin

So I was watching the Scottish Tsunami concert on the telly last night (why wasn't I out myself? Don't be silly, that would involve real contact with real people, it's not for the likes of Betsie-no-mates..), and one thing above all stood out as being of note: what the fuck is that ridiculous barnet Colin McIntyre is sporting all about? The Leo Sayer look is never a good thing, and the seeming trend for musicians to have hideous haircuts (Kings of Leon, that means you) is almost enough to drive me to scissor-brandishing vigilantism.
If in doubt, stylistically-challenged musos, take a tip from Stuart Murdoch, and don a hat. Hats are fabulous, and a sorely neglected accessory in modern society - just think of the instant class and sophistication conferred by a jauntily angled fedora; the continental charm and elegance of a beret. You know I'm right people, now get out there to your local milliner, and join the hat-wearing revolution!

1 comment:

vonhiggins said...

"Girl with a Pearl Earring" is requisite for hat admirers. I barely escaped apoplexy several times during my rapt screening. Tom Wilkinson's character, Ruijven, wore a hat that I am forced by my limited fashion sense to call sovereign. Vonhiggins kids you not.