Search This Blog

Monday, February 07, 2005

Things To Do When You're Bored

Why, you change your Yahoo Profile of course...

Young people these days - seen in the park today: a grumpy looking young girl wondering along the path kicking a mobile phone as she walked. Shocking behaviour, it would never have happened in my day. They didn't have mobiles then.

What they did have, however, was teachers' strikes: oh those happy days of getting to stay home and watch old films on the telly, drinking hot chocolate and eating my height in toast while my mum did the ironing in the corner of the room... If schooldays really are the best days of your life (which obviously they aren't), then not-going-to-school-days were even better. And of course you could always hope in winter that the antiquated heating system would give up the ghost and pack it in, the school closure announcements being possibly the only good reason I've ever heard of for listening to tinpot local radio.

School would have been fine if it wasn't for the teachers, the other pupils, the horrible buildings, the awful food, and the enforced exercise. Sometimes, looking back on all those happy, happy days, I can barely stop myself from sighing in relief that I made it through without jumping off the roof (which was too full of seagulls waiting to scavenge in the scuzzy bins to provide much room for manouevre anyway).

Still it could have been worse.

If I figure out how, I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments: