Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Puppy Love

I'm in love.
The object of my affections has big brown eyes, an adorably sad face, and loves to cuddle.
In fact, he's the cutest little trainee guide dog you could ever hope to meet. Almost worth poking my eyes out with a red hot poker, although I wouldn't be able to see my favourite golden lab puppy any more...

On the "would you rather lose your sight or your hearing" debate (well, I've debated it in my head), I vote for blindness over deafness. Slightly ironic given as I'm a silent film fan and would thus miss out on them, but a world without music would be a sad one. Imagine if you had some monstrosity of a tune stuck in your head and couldn't listen to something else to get rid of it - you could be stuck with it forever. I'm a bit of a radio fan, and I love a bit of radio drama (though not The Archers, can't quite get into it, sorry), and I think I'd rather have the option of creating visuals in my head to match the sounds than trying to imagine sounds to go with images. I also tend to rely on talk radio (though not the similarly-named station, I hasten to add) to lull me to sleep, struggling to drift off if left with silence. My ever-present insomnia would be in danger of taking over in a state of deafness.
Hopefully I'll never be in a position to test the veracity of this conjecture: I'd rather hang on to all five senses, although I seem to be lacking on the sixth one.

Song of the day: The Decemberists - Red Right Ankle. Bee-yootiful, so it is. And there's new stuff on the way soon! Yay!

No comments: