Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Now that's more like it, Amazon

Now they're recommending this lot:

Classics of German Cinema
with the following films:
Der Golem, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Asphalt, The Blue Angel and Munchausen.

I can sort-of see the point in the inclusion of the latter film (though these two doozies may have been a more accurate reflection of Nazi cinema), but would a bit of Murnau really have killed them?

Jean-Luc Godard Collection Vol.1
with the following films:
Alphaville, Passion, À bout de souffle, Made In USA, and two unnamed others.

Now, call me fussy, but it's quite useful to know in advance what films you're getting. If say, Les Carabiniers, Prénom: Carmen, or Le Mépris, are amongst them, then I'd rather skip it.
If, however Weekend, Pierrot le fou, Vivre sa vie, Une Femme est Une Femme, Bande à Part or Deux ou Trois Choses Que Je Sais d'Elle are in the mix then that's quite another matter..

Of course I've already got a nice little Godard collection myself,. so it's fairly irrelevant to me anyways :)

No comments: