Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year, New Toys

It was about this time last year that I started this here blog (happy birthday to me etc), so naturally my ever-fickle web habits have lead me to seek new things with which to play.

And StumbleUpon is just about the most addictive thing I've found. Being essentially a right lazy besom, I've lifted some reviews directly from their website to explain the whole thing for those of you yet to discover it.

"It's kind of addictive ... when you have time to surf it really does allow you to find some unique and relevant sites" - Andy Walker, g4techTV, Nov 3rd 2004.
"Stumbleupon is a brilliant downloadable toolbar that beds into your browser and gives you the chance to surf through thousands of excellent pages that have been stumbled upon by other web-users" - BBCWorld ClickOnline, July 29th 2004.
"...extensions recommended by more than one reader included StumbleUpon, a community website-recommendation project that lets you find more cool and usually obscure websites -- sort of a Friendster for site links." - Wired News, July 12th 2004.
"Stumbleupon.com helps users share links by asking them to rate sites through a browser toolbar." - New York Times, Online Diary, May 6th 2004.
"I'm hooked on the thing, and rate it as the second most useful web browsing tool after Google itself. In fact, that pecking order may even change, as I find instead of Googling I'm Stumbling more and more..." – Davey Winder, PcPro Magazine, Issue 109, November 2003

You can find my Stumbles here - I'm feeling positively compelled to seek out fabulous stuff in a bid to have it look vaguely impressive, so you might just find something of interest. And if you don't yet, well, there's plenty more to come.

No comments: