Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Corn-based snack lovers of the world unite

When I first heard the news that British crisp manufacturer Golden Wonder had gone into administration, I wasn't hugely surprised, given the dominance these days of the evil Lineker-fronted Walkers. Then I had a sudden moment of panic when I remembered that one of my favourite snacks was now under threat.
Save the Nik-Nak! Or, to be even more precise, save the Nice 'n' Spicy Nik-Naks! Quite simply the best corn-or-potato-based snack-food on the market, they're a tasty, delicious delight, and would be a dreadful loss. Especially in today's market of pretentious poncy flavours in overpriced, overdesigned packs.
It seems there's interest from a few companies in buying the Golden Wonder brand, so hopefully Nik-Naks will survive this scare. If not, I may have a executive somewhere to hunt down and kill...

No comments: