Search This Blog

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Le weekend

If there's a finer way to start a Saturday than listening to Jonathan Ross on Radio 2, then I don't know what it is: (mostly) good music, good guests, and much amusement.
The last song on today's show was Pinball Wizard, which brought back memories of seeing Tommy for the first time last year. Godawful film, but somehow strangely compelling. I couldn't take my eyes off it, much in the same way as a horrendous car crash attracts attention. Never been a big Ken Russell fan, he tends to favour empty flashiness and grandstanding over such elements as plot, subtlety, or, god forbid, taste.
I am currently warbling-alonga-Harry Nilsson - be thankful, dear reader, that you can't hear my dulcet tones. Think I might join Robert Mitchum in a bit of calypso next, that's always good for a laugh...

No comments: