Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2005

BBC - Radio 2 - Mark Radcliffe homepage

Hang up the bunting, get the party snacks ready, let joy be unconfined throughout the land - Mark Radcliffe has a show on Radio 2! And, um, has had for a while apparently - well, I've never claimed to be quick on the uptake, have I? Not entirely sure how that one passed me by, but hey, better late than never.
His old 10-12 show on Radio 1, back in the day when that station was still actually listenable, was quite possibly my favourite radio show ever, or certainly in the top 5 anyway (not that I've actually compiled a chart, dear reader, I'm not quite that sad. But if I did, then Jonathan Ross and Round The Horne would be in there too). Hell, I'm even old enough to even remember as far back as Hit the North on Radio 5, prior to its transformation to an entirely news and sports channel (it also featured such delights as Le Top, a weekly rundown of the French top 40 chart - now why can't someone bring that show back?). I suspect some Radio 2 playlist material may make its way into the show, but still - it's Mark Radcliffe! On the radio! Hurrah!

No comments: