Search This Blog

Friday, April 06, 2007

Plucky underdogs do it again

For a nation of only 5 million or so, Scotland packs a fair punch when it comes to music. Here are a few of the best.

The Rezillos - My Baby Does Good Sculptures.



Josef K - Sorry For Laughing



The Associates - White Car In Germany
I was very very very pleased to find this one...



Altered Images - I Could Be Happy



Orange Juice - Rip It Up



Aztec Camera - Oblivious



Strawberry Switchblade - Since Yesterday



The Blue Nile - Headlights On The Parade



The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
This is the proper version, mercifully free of "comedy" "characters"



Teenage Fanclub - The Concept
Not their best song by a long shot, but included for sentimental reasons - back when I were a lass, this was one of my three regular plays on the Student Union jukebox (the other two being The Breeders - Cannonball and Nirvana - Polly, fact fans)



The Yummy Fur - Theme From Ultrabra
There's a Yummy Fur presence on YouTube. Colour me amazed.



Lung Leg - Punk Pop Travesty
There's a Lung Leg presence on YouTube. Colour me amazed-er.



Arab Strap - The First Big Weekend
Footage from their last ever show.



Belle and Sebastian - Lazy Line Painter Jane
With added Monica Queen



The Delgados - American Trilogy
More bands should be named after cyclists.



Aberfeldy - Tom Weir
The man in question.



Camera Obscura - Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken

No comments: