Search This Blog

Monday, January 29, 2007

Woe is me part 15671





I am obese. I already weighed too much before Christmas, but the season of excess, and an increased appetite resulting from a change in medication have seen me balloon.

I was first really aware of it on Christmas Day. I'd bought a new top for the occasion a few months previously, but now it was suddenly too tight. Then the huge mirror in the kitchen in my mother's new house mocked me with its hideous display.

I feel sluggish, like I'm walking through treacle. Going slowly up a hill to catch the bus leaves me painfully breathless. More than about half an hour's walking in a day leaves my feet aching and my muscles stiff with the exertion of shifting my excess weight around.

Only my baggiest, most shapeless clothes fit any more - and there aren't very many of them. I look and feel like an unfit, frumpy, repulsive slob.



Still, mustn't grumble.

Yeah right.







powered by performancing firefox

No comments: